Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who will talk first?




It's the battle of the wills in my house. I have two kids who babble and slip in English, Spanish, and other languages I've ever heard. Last night Grandma was over and she thinks that Nichelle will beat out Nathan in speaking so we can understand stand him. Nathan is doing really well with sign language and he's really big into phrases(What's that? Who's that? Oh no...uh oh...ect)so I thought he's be more into understandable conversation by now. The sign language has really been a blessing for both he and I. I'm learning a new language and he's able to tell me basic things that he needs/wants. Nichelle has started to pick up a few of the signs and so that makes things a little more calm at times. Nichelle does talk in paragraphs in her own language and I'm just waiting for the day when it's something I recognize.

It seems everyone in the house has a love affair with the mouse. My husband loves video games and the kids get free long distance talking to someone, who knows who. I've enjoyed listening to them talk to one another, and I'm sure they plan some kind of a take over that will happen any day now. Nichelle seems to talk the most between the two of them and Nathan seems to take action from the plan. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Cute

Andrea M said...

In typical life fashion...girls do the talking first and the boys are more "do ers" This is the case with my daycare children too. Nichelle will always be a talker. Enjoy it if you can. There will come a day when you will tell her to "be quiet" or "quit talking" but for now....engage her. I recently went to a language class about children and the "experts" recommend that children hear 10,000 words per day...and that should not include the words from the tv. They need to come from real people. So,....there ya go.

Mom (Sheryl) said...

My babies talk a lot, just like their mom did, and none cared whether anyone was listening or not. I, on the other hand, love to be sure and acknowledge that they have spoken...one day I hope to learn their language. So much of the time they get their point across! My babies love to touch, and that's perfect for grandma!