Monday, March 16, 2009

She stood up for herself!

Did I just type that? My daughter stood up for the first time today on her own. I was helping Mr. N have a snack or something I'm not sure because I am so in shock. We have a bumbo(google that if your not sure what it is), our little chair is purple. Mr. N  loves to sit in it despite his ever growing body. On Saturday The Diva  lifted her petite body up and stood upright. Today it was our coffee table. I just can not believe this woman. Actually I can believe her. Everyone else walks around her, why can't she. Mr. N  started walking around 9 and a half months(I hear that's early but I don't know, he was my 1st) so I'm sure she will to. Which will be such a big blessing since that car seat is starting to get a little on the heavy side. She's not a big girl at all, just that car seat is getting heavy. Good thing I can carry her huh? I'm glad that she is growing and that she's exploring the house and all the great things that can be found. With Mr. N  around, being the activities coordinator, we always have to eat food, or play with toys of give kisses. If you say no then it's like you've just lost the super bowl...seriously. But we love him just the same.

Yesterday I found out that her tooth broke through. Although I'm nursing nothing feels like I'm going to start leaking blood. Was that tooo too graphic? The Diva  will be 7 months on the 25th(Miss Curly's birthday) and I'm just so in shock. Her milestone in the teeth department was earlier than Mr. N's. He "cut" his first tooth at 7 and a half months. But he has made up for lost time. I swear Mr. N  has almost a full mouth of teeth. More than me I swear. But that's okay, get everything done in one setting I guess so we can move on to more calm experiences, I hope. The Diva  has done really well. All though, Sunday at church was pretty tough on her. She didn't want anyone to hold her, but me. Really hard to play piano in primary and hold a sad baby, but we made due. I was really ready to leave but then I said no, they need me. I wasn't there for the last 10 minutes of primary(please forgive me) but I think our dear Heavenly Father understands. I just kept a cool head and tried to comfort the princess as much as I could. I am glad that we have broken the tooth in and that we can start getting back to normal with her gums and everything. Ahh

2 comments:

Krysten said...

Get out Standing up? She is so not allowed to do that yet.

Primary was fine on Sunday. You so don't need to apologize, we understand. Matter of fact we have all been there before.

Pure Mommy Extract said...

Yeah, I have found nursing to not be an issue with teeth, but that isn't what I hear from everyone. Hopefully you will have an easy time as well =).

Hooray for pulling herself up. My little man isn't into that yet. He just loves to roll everywhere still. He says, "Why mess with it when it works?"