Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recent Road Trip

The prior post explained the reason behind our recent road trip. I am very quick to tell everyone how blessed I am that my husband is excited to show me different places in Washington he's been to due to his travels for work. I didn't take many vacations as a child(living in a single parent home...I heart you Single Mom's out there!)so I welcome to chance to get more of an expanding knowledge of my home state. Once we had made the plans for our quick get away I was counting down. Everyday I would ask the hubby if he was excited, just like me. I would get a yes from a very emotionless face. Nice going dude. But that's okay I was happy. I made a 'schedule' for Grandma and the N Twins, went grocery shopping. Made sure all the laundry was done, the living room wasn't clean but that's okay. I did the dishes packed and repeatedly said over and over that this would be the two days they(The N Twins) would never forget! Some people don't think toddlers listen(I sometimes wonder...)but they actually picked up on the idea that I wouldn't be there for some time. I made dinner Monday night, and we calmly left. It was a short goodbye(learned that on a PBS parent show) and we were off!

Getting to the other side of the mountains, while leaving from the middle of King County at 5, on a Monday. I know you're thinking"They're crazy" but we were on a road trip. With my husband's knowledge(thank you Scouts) our GPS and just the pleasure of being with one another kid free for a few hours we were on the road. The trip took almost 4 hours. We got caught in traffic once we hit Tacoma. So we made the quick choice to go a different way. I am so amazed at the beauty we really have in our own "backyard". With our new route we were blessed to drive past two, count 'em two mountains. I loved it. My Mother is a huge fan of mountains and so I grew up with a great appreciation for the natural beauty we've been so blessed with. I hope I can show her all the new places we traveled through. It was so peaceful and for most of the trip outside of the major cities, we were the only car in sight. The National Forrest was awesome and I want to go hiking through there one day.


The end point of the night road trip was a tiny community(not a town) called Lyle. Across the Columbia River from Oregon. Very beautiful even though it was after 9:30 when we arrived in our hotel. We were the only guest checking in that night! Yeah for traveling on a Monday night! Here's a few pictures of the hotel.It was fun being able to run around upstairs in the great bed and breakfast. WE felt like little kids. After a quick bath to relax the muscles after the drive it was time for bed. But of course my husband had to try out his new phone and see if he could watch a tv show. But that's okay I love him anyway.
Our room for the night
Our "original" room


No comments: