Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recent Road Trip part deux

Lyle Hotel


Here's the Lyle Hotel. I really enjoyed our chance of being the only guests for the night, since when we did wake up(which was 8:30) we had a chance to explore downstairs. This is a very calm community and it's so close to the Columbia River. I know that Mr. Man back at home would have loved this hotel since it was so close to the train tracks. We had a light breakfast and quick history lesson about the Hood River bridge and different aspects of the quaint little town....ooppps community. Since we were still childless for the day we or rather...Jordan decided that we could just go where the road was taking us. Since becoming a Mom, I've gotten used to making plans for 3 people if not 4. But it was nice to just enjoy the drive back home while seeing the beautiful scenery of the Oregon side of the Columbia River. We made a quick stop at the Bonneville Dam. I learned that Franklin D Roosevelt actually came to the opening of the Dam and said this would "great opportunity for the community and wealth to the children".  The New Deal at work. We met a fish counter and saw so many beautiful fish. I made me think to myself I hope that we are always blessed in this part of the country to have an abundance of healthy fish to feast on anytime we want and that they will always be always to swim in clean fresh water. The mom in me right?

After our quick Northwest history lesson we traveled on to Troutdale, stopped for lunch for lunch in Fairview and got on the freeway to head home. We were home by 4. I was super happy cause we stopped in Lacey at the really cute fish market and got a crab. I had a craving for it. Our quick trip was very fun and I'm so glad that I actually learned something from our beautiful landscape that we are blessed with. Jordan and I are still silly, my husband still doesn't want to make plans and some how we sometimes get to escape away and learn new things about one another. I didn't know my husband likes fresh cut hay. That's new to me. First of all, I've never smelled it, and I can't wait since it's something my husband loves it. Here's the conclusion of the quick snap shots of the trip. Thanks for indulging and looking at these. 

View from Hotel looking at the River   
Oregon Side of Hood River Toll Bridge

Energy Saving House at Bonneville Dam   

No comments: