Friday, June 11, 2010

Just thought of this

My monsters are running around and I just thought of this right now so I wanted to post it. A few weeks ago we had some family friends visit. Auntie Andrea asked me if I had any more communication with my father since first starting to reconnect with him. I'm sad to report I haven't talked to him on the phone and the letters I have written have gone unanswered. When we moved, it was closer to Seattle, and I got naturally excited of course. I could just make and excuse to look and see where his house is. But then my imagination started to go crazy and I said, what would happen if he saw me? What would I say? "I was just in the neighborhood?" I don't know maybe one day when I am brave but not at the moment. He's got his own life that doesn't include me. And I'm okay with that actually.

I haven't decided what I'll do next. I really am reaching out so I can really crack down on getting my genealogy started and some what completed. There are so many gaps because I don't have information for his side of the family. I keep getting the feeling, prompting to start doing that. I know my father was the youngest of 9 children so I know if I look the correct way I can find an uncle I have not met before. It's just so interesting cause I don't know that side of the family and am totally unsure of the first initial reaction. I still continually pray for my father. I pray for his happiness, safety and peace in an ever changing world. Most people don't really know how tender my heart is just cause I'm so witty and mellow(or so I've been told). So I actually have a whole treasure trove of tender feelings. Maybe one day when the whole circumstances are where they need to be, we might be able to met. Until then I will keep posting updates.
April

1 comment:

Andrea M said...

April...I LOVE ya tons. Just keep praying for the inspiration that you will need. Your dad gave you life, and for that you are grateful. You are wise beyond your years when you wrote that he has his own life and that he has made his own decisions. I am proud of you for the wonderful ways that you are a great wife and Momma. Those two jobs are the best that anyone could ask for. Love ya tons....
Auntie Andrea