Sunday, May 15, 2011

Do you remember honey?

I must start by saying that I really am amazed that I will be honored with celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my husband. I know at times these post are sappy. I love "love letters"(which I still write to my hubby) and I have no problem writing to him. And it's nice way to say what I'm feeling since we sometimes have our conversations......enhanced by two little adults. This is to him....


The other day I was thinking back to when we first were seeing each other and I remembered there was a song you liked. I wish I could remember the name of the song, or who the artist was. I just remember....I thought you thought I was something special. But the lyrics of the song were towards this man's ex and they were talking.....reminiscing about their relationship. He talked about her perfume and how she made him feel. I needless to say was not happy. I know about your last girlfriend and how you felt about her(or at least what you told me) and then this song. Grrr. But I know you like the song I won't get that upset.

Remember when we went driving? You picked me up, went drove up to Snoqualmie Pass. It was dark, not really late but dark. And for some reason in March still snowing so it was really dark. I remember while we were driving back home...just a fun quick drive you sang to me for the first time. You sang "I Heard Him Come". I've heard that song, but I've never had someone sing it to me. You forgot some of the words but I still think it's one of the most tender moments we've ever shared. When we were camping last summer and start singing before bedtime for the kids you sang it again. Now that song has an extra special place in my heart. You were so cute talking about this special song about Christ and how much you love it. Some would say it's just special to me because I really liked you at the time but I think it's more than that. You're a return missionary and RM's love sharing their testimonies. It's part of their allure, what makes them special. What makes them attractive to special young ladies(or young men respectively) and that's how it all starts huh?

I remember one night you were driving home from my house and you called me...you told me to hang up so you could call me back. You called and UNCHARACTERISTICALLY left me a voice mail. It was John Michael Montgomery singing "I can love you like that". We were days away from getting married. I hated to be away from you....and here it was like 11 o' clock a night and you were driving home. You said you had to leave that message for me cause the song was on the radio at the same time you were thinking about me. Are we that corny honey? I don't think so. I have grown to love that we're from two different worlds. You've rode a horse before and can operate a tractor. I've played cello since the 5th grade and know how to choose a China plate pattern. You tan really well and can do a hard day's work. I can do the laundry and cook at the same time. You can hunt....I love to read. The differences about us make me love you. I feel I've found my cowboy and I love that. Nothing makes me more shy about admitting my tender thoughts than when you take care of me. Like when we had a fireplace and you made me a fire. I love that. And wouldn't change it for the world.

There are so many songs that I could write about that make me think of different things from out short but exciting time together. I didn't have a first dance with you cause you don't like dancing so I have a whole list of songs to choose from. I still try to have you dance with me and you always come up with some excuse. I've heard them all. But I know in my heart of hearts with how fast we met and how everything came together we were supposed to be married. I had so many plans that could have taken me far away from home but I choose to stay and thank goodness I did cause I would have missed my day as a princess. I would have missed my chance of having people say I'm crazy cause we married so fast. It had to be crazy cause we like each other and that says something. I love you honey.....

No comments: