Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Mom

I was writing in my journal last night, when I had a moment of reflection in my life. I have been so blessed being raised in the gospel and not having to spend my life looking for it. I can only give credit where it is due, so I give it all to my mother. At the tender age of 13, while reading her favorite Teeny Bopper magazines about The Jackson 5, The Osmonds and so forth she started noticing that these boys from Utah(The Osmonds) always thanked their Heavenly Father. Mom thought, what a great and respectful name for God. Long story short she got more information about the LDS church and through the diligence of the great LDS missionaries my Mother joined the church at 13.


 How amazing a story, and if you see my Mother please ask her to share, I just gloat when I say the story. So I was just so wrapped up in my own story of greatness and  feeling like I will never be able to do anything as great as her. I am glad that she is my mother and the best example of a smart, considerate, spiritual, all around amazing person. I just wanted to share that, nothing too to deep. Just wanted to say that I am very thankful and grateful to my Heavenly Father for granting me to sacred opportunity to  be her daughter to be able to learn from her all the days of my life and beyond.

1 comment:

Andrea M said...

What a glorious picture of my two FAVORITE ladies. And I do mean ladies. I loved the tribute to your sweet Momma. She is definitely a keeper, for sure. You have inspired me to write an entry for my own momma. Love ya April and I really want to come see you sometime this month.