Thursday, January 14, 2010

Talking non stop

A few weeks ago I had a new post about the whole communication intrest in my house. Most of the day I am talking like an adult to two little people who seem to know what they are saying and look at me why I can't understand them. I will say it's gettting better, but there are still some conversations that are totally clueless. The diva(as I call her) responds like a sponge to sign language and in recent weeks just picks things up so fast, I'm thinking of getting a book so I can teach her a new sign once a week. She really enjoys it and like the interaction of showing you the sign so you can understand what she wants or is saying. She is always saying new words, running around the house and becoming more people friendly. Still not a fan of big crowds, but if you come over my house and it's just you and another person she seems to be okay with that. (No more than 5 people in your party please then the diva comes out!!!)

As for the Prince in the house...I wasn't to sure about him, he was more into phrases rather than just single words. Which is good, I have two kids I can have two different learning styles.I bought the Leap Frog dvd and that's been a fun introduction to the Alphabet. I've really enjoyed his attention being on that for 28 minutes(not like I know how long the dvd is). All of a sudden...he's been saying numbers, new words and looking at me like "Why aren't you keeping up." He's been doing an amazing job listening and helping with household chores. I know this may be boring to you, but it's a huge booster for me. I admit I was comparing my children to other people and just saying"Why don't I have a son who enjoys sitting down at church" or "Why isn't he talking like others(that's my husband's question not mine, I swear!)But as Grandma reminds me all the time, we learn at our own pace and as long as I get the just of what he's saying we'll be in business.

This also seems to be the year of new babies for just about everyone I know! Exciting yes, but I don't have 6 arms so I can make enough baby blankets. And it seems everyone is due at the same time of course! My cousin had her baby a few weeks early but we're having a family dinner in a couple of weeks so I still have time to make the blanket. I feel very blessed to have a great family that is learning and growing! Talk to everyone soon!

No comments: