Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fun trip to Port Orchard

Jordan has a lead foot. And because of that we got to take a quick day trip with him to Port Orchard so he could take care of the ticket he received. We started out during nap time which was perfect cause we were able to have a nice quiet ride up there. We got there an hour before his court appearance so I drove the kids around for a little bit. And I umm, wound up from where it was close to the court house. Recently Jordan got me a cell phone. Thank goodness for GPS. Although I'm sure I would have gotten back to Port Orchard it was still fun to have someone help me.

We got back to downtown Port Orchard/Port of Bremerton and it was cloudy and gray and not warm at all. Good thing I'm from Seattle and knew that we need coats. We just walked around and enjoyed all the sites. I even got offered to buy some weed from some kid who couldn't have been more than 17. Which was not smart since he was right in front of City Hall. We met a gorgeous black dog named Fredia and found a great park that Nathan enjoyed the various toys there. Sadly cause of the gloomy weather alot of things were wet so I had to be a bad mom and encourage him to start talking a walk with me. Nichelle really enjoyed the break from the stroller but we did get back in the stroller. Jordan was in court, maybe 10 minutes, so he met us on the boardwalk.

To get the chance to be with Jordan during the day is pretty rare so I said we had to do something else. Jordan came up with the idea of taking the ferry to Vashon and then driving across the island and take the ferry to the Point Defiance and drive on home. I thought it was a great idea. There was no warning horn so the ferry was awesome! Nathan enjoyed his echo and it was cool that there were hardly anyone on the boat. Nathan greeted everyone as he always does and Nichelle chased Nathan down the aisle. The kids had a great day and we saw some pretty awesome places and different neighborhoods.








1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad someone else in this world has to haul their kids around in a double stroller, too! You look like you had a fun time. :)