Friday, June 19, 2009

My camera is dying

I've been looking, pondering and okay I'll admit it...lusting after a new camera. I've asked all my great photographer friends "Where can I start?" And they've given my great answers. Last Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market. I took my basic point and click Kodak(that has been my buddy since before Nathan was born) and was ready to snap a few shots. Lo and behold. The camera didn't turn on. OMG! Are you serious. I charged it all night...blah blah. And it just wasn't a camera picture day I guess. I took my camera home and charged it...and it's been so so ever since but the new camera is calling me.

My poor husband, what a good man, said he's going to indulge me and buy me a nice digital slr(single lens reflex camera). YEAH I'm thinking...we had this fun conversation BEFORE Mother's day. I already have Jordan's Father's day gift ready, which is Sunday. And I still don't have my camera. So....this is why I'm lusting....wanting a new camera. I'm not trying to become professional, just want to learn to take wonderful photos of the best models I have in the world! My beautiful children. Jordan's like...Oh I'll talk to my friend who takes pictures(who said in front of me I'll take pictures of your kids. NO! THAT'S MY JOB!) sO...MAYBE ONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN. I will update you on how the camera search is going.

2 comments:

Pure Mommy Extract said...

Now the question is, are you going to be a Cannon girl, or a Nikon girl? =)

Rachel said...

If you buy a nice SLR, you won't regret it. EVER!!! We have had both a Canon and a Nikon, and to be honest, I can't tell much of a difference. (But I'm not a pro, so there you go!) Right now we have a Nikon D60, and we really love it.