Friday, July 8, 2011

I need to say thanks

For the past two weeks I have been house sitting and moving at the same time. When I first looked at our family calendar and realize that we would be do so much, while house sitting I kept telling people I was crazy, but there has been so much good that house come out it. I've got the itch to create such a great place for my little family and excited for the schooling for my two little adults. The transition from our last ward to the new one, might be a problem for the princess but with love and kisses and meeting everyone that will be much better in time.

I am writing because of an intresting experience I had with a phone call this morning. While growing into adulthood in my late teens/early 20's I was introduced to a friend of my step father. He was was a total silver fox, a very knowledgable man and some how took me under his wing while helping to do various improvements to the house. I have always adored him and still think about him when I keep thinking when we get our house(or a place we can make adjustments) I would want him to come and help; which is something we talked about before I moved out and started my life. Well, our new place is ready for our family to make our stamp on it. I've been thinking for about a week about calling him. I just wanted some ideas about how to make correct adjustments in the place we're renting. I was able to get his current number today and I gave him a call. What happened for the next 20 minutes....was a conversation I didn't expect.

He explained to me what happened to him over the last few years(probably 5 I'm guessing since I talked to him a few months before hubby and I were married). It was a tale, too sad for me to repeate without permission but I will say I was expecting him to be so excited to come and see me. Foolishness on my part to think I'm the only who's had life give me a wild deck of cards. He is not in a place to come and see me but I can't tell you how giddy and girly I was when he called me all the cute endearments he used to call me. I won't shrink to say that I really thought that he was going to come over and help with the house but he's just not able to do it right now. Maybe I will see him someday again. While I was on the phone I just kept thinking to my self "my life is crazy but thank goodness I have a place to fall and give my troubles to the Lord". I won't say that my life is perfect, but it's perfect for me. I know my kiddos have energy times a million but I pride my self on making sure they know how to pray and can say the name of Jesus Christ respectfully. I know we don't know what's happening tomorrow but I know that as long as I can make dinner and have my family be happy I have everything I need. So I'm just grateful that I have what I want and what I need.

No comments: